The Loft @ The Granary Terms and Conditions
Before booking please read our Terms and Conditions
In these terms and conditions, ‘you’ and ‘your’ means all people named on the booking form and in the holiday party. ‘We’, ‘us’, ‘our’ and I means Norma Gray, owner of The Loft @ The Granary, 29 The Granary, 16 York Street, Ayr KA8 8DQ
For Information: When you book The Loft @ The Granary you are entering directly into a contract with the owner of the property. The person whose name appears on the Booking Form (who must be 18 or over at the time the booking is made) agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that all of the following Terms and Conditions are adhered to by all members of the party. Bookings can be made via the BOOK NOW button on the website.
Terms and Conditions (including specific COVID 19 terms*)
- The number of people occupying the property must be the limited to the number of people indicated in the booking (and limited to the maximum stated on the website).
- Your booking is not considered secured until your deposit* of £50.00 is received and confirmed via a Booking Confirmation e-mail. *Due to the uncertainty caused by COVID19 – if the government indicates that you are unable to travel to have a holiday at the time that your holiday is due you will be offered the opportunity to move your holiday dates free of charge or receive a full refund of all monies paid.
- The balance of the cost is due 14 days before the start of the holiday. *(Due to the uncertainty caused by COVID19 the payment terms have been relaxed and if the government indicates that you are unable to travel to have a holiday at the time that your holiday is due – you will be offered the opportunity to move your holiday dates free of charge or receive a full refund of all monies paid). If a booking is made less than 14 days before the start of the holiday the full cost is payable at the time of booking. If you do not pay any final costs when due we are entitled to assume that you want to cancel the booking. In this case we will be entitled to cancel the booking and keep all deposits paid. *Again – if after you pay for the balance the government indicates that you are unable to travel to have a holiday at the time that your holiday is due – you will be offered the opportunity to move your holiday dates free of charge or receive a full refund of all monies paid. .
- A Refundable damage deposit of £150.00 may be held before arrival to cover any breakages, damages etc. or additional cleaning required post your stay (other than that necessary for COVID19) we reserve the right to charge you for this after your departure.
- In the event you need to cancel your booking for reasons unrelated to COVID19, please notify us immediately by phone or e-mail. Your cancellation will be effective from the date notice is received. In this case a £25 Admin fee will be charged . In addition, if
- You cancel more than 2 weeks before the start date the admin fee of £25 of your deposit only will be forfeited
- You cancel less than 2 weeks from the start date (and have paid the remaining balance in full) and we are successful in reletting all of your holiday you will only forfeit your booking deposit plus an admin fee of £25 (your remaining balance will be refunded). If we are successful in re-letting all of your holiday at a lesser rate, a partial refund will be made pro-rata (minus the £25 admin fee). If not re-let then no refund will be made.
- You cancel less than 2 weeks from the start date (and still have your remaining balance to pay) and if we are only successful in re-letting part of your holiday and the value of the relet is less that your outstanding balance you will also be held responsible for the difference. If we cannot relet and the cancellation date is within 2 weeks of the start of your holiday then you will be held responsible for the prompt payment of the balance of the holiday still to be paid.
- All of your liabilities above may be covered if you have Cancellation Insurance and your reason for cancelling is one of those covered. We do advise that you take out adequate insurance protection for your holiday. Similarly if you are not able to travel to The Loft @ The Granary due to transport disruptions or bad weather etc. (everything unrelated to being unable to travel due to COVID19) we cannot be held responsible for non-arrival and no refunds will be given.
- COVID-19 – If you or a member of your party develops symptoms of Covid-19 during your stay (a continuous cough, high temperature, or loss or change in taste and smell), it is important that you let us know as soon as possible by telephoning Norma on 07768 744911. You should immediately book a test through NHS Inform or, if unable to book the test online, by phoning 0800 028 2816. In accordance with Test and Protect, people with symptoms are required to self-isolate for at least 7 days, and everyone in their household should isolate for 10 days. If the test is negative, everyone can end isolation and enjoy their stay as planned. If the test is positive, everyone should continue to isolate, and the NHS Test and Protect team will be in touch to start contact tracing. Those contacted through the Test and Protect programme will be required to self-isolate for at least 10 days. If guests who are isolating can travel home safely to isolate, avoiding the use of public transport, they should do this. In the event that this is not possible, the guest should discuss this with the NHS Test and Protect team and Norma on 07768 744911 as property owner. The guest may be signposted to the National Assistance Helpline on 0800 111 4000 if they need help to isolate and cannot arrange it themselves or through friends and family. If you are unwell and cannot return home before you are due to you will be expected to pay all additional costs due (at the rate of your booking) to Norma as your accommodation provider.
- In the unlikely event that The Loft @ The Granary becomes unavailable (after booking) due to reasons beyond our control all monies will be returned in full. In this event we will not be liable for any loss, expense, inconvenience or further cost.
- Check in at The Loft @ The Granary is available between 4pm* (due to additional cleaning) and 8pm on the day of arrival and you will be met in person by someone who will show you around. Guests are asked to leave by 10am on the day of departure to allow enough time for turn around for the next guests arriving. If you would like alternative check in or check out times please contact Norma to arrange.
- All prices quoted include wifi, heating, lighting and quality bed linen and towels – with enough day to day items provided to allow you to enjoy your holiday from Day 1. There is also allocated free parking available onsite.
- Smoking or the use of e-cigarettes (vaping) is not permitted anywhere within The Loft apartment or The Granary building and pets are not permitted in The Loft @ The Granary.
- We ask that you use the property solely as self catering accommodation, that you respect the neighbours while on holiday at The Loft (causing a disturbance to neighbours or unreasonable behaviour by any guest may result in the owners asking guests to leave), and that you respect and look after the accommodation during your stay and leave The Loft clean and tidy on departure and that you report any damages. Also to accept the owner’s discretionary charge of £50 for extra cleaning if the property has been left untidy. Guests should also take responsibility for minimising any fire risk. Electricity and heating should be run at the minimum level required, particularly when not present at the property.
- To ensure that the property let is to be used for the purposes of a holiday let to which Section 12 (2) and paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply the booking agreement confers a right to occupy the accommodation for the agreed period only. The guest agrees not to sublet or reassign the property to another person or persons without the owners’ permission.
- The responsibility for personal property of guests occupying The Loft @ The Granary is solely their own. All vehicles are also left at the guests risk. Guests agree to absolve the Property Owner of any responsibility for any accident or mishap to persons or property whiles on the premises or whilst engaged in any activity therein, or from any illness or injury arising from any cause whatsoever. Guests must agree to To be responsible for shutting and locking all exterior doors and windows and securing the property when absent or sleeping. Guests accept to ensure the safety of all children accepted at the property at all times no liability will be accepted by the owner of the property for their safety.
- We make every effort to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay, however if you have cause for complaint please let us know immediately so we can try and put things right as quickly as possible. In no circumstances can compensation be made for any complaints that are made after the booking has ended or where you have not allowed us to try to put matters right during your stay.
- We will add the e-mail address for guests to our mailing list. We will not pass this list to anyone else or any third party. You can opt out of receiving our e-mail communications at any time.
- Agreement to these Terms and Conditions is assumed when you make your booking by paying the deposit and completing the online booking form.
Please check the Availability Calendar to book the Loft @ The Granary or
call Norma on 07768 744911 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you’d like any further details.